< Нелепые законы штата Орегон|
В этом городе запрещено заниматься предсказанием будущего.
5.08.110 Occult Arts.
Другие законы о гадалках и предсказательницах ...
(A) "Occult arts" means the use or practice of fortune
telling, astrology, phrenology, palmistry, clairvoyance,
mesmerism, spiritualism, or any other practice or practices
generally recognized to be unsound and unscientific whereby
an attempt or pretense is made:
(1) To reveal or analyze past incidents or events.
(2) To analyze or define the character or personality of a
(3) To foretell or reveal the future.
(4) To locate by such means lost or stolen property.
(5) To give advice or information concerning any matter or
(B) No person shall for hire or profit engage in the
practice of occult arts, either public or private.
(C) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit
(1) A duly organized and recognized religious organization
which promulgates religious teachings or beliefs involving
spiritualism or similar media from holding its regular
meetings or services.
(2) A school, church, fraternal, charitable or other
benevolent organization from utilizing occult arts for a
bazaar or other money-raising project, provided that all
money so received is devoted exclusively to the
organization sponsoring the affair. In such case, the money
so received shall be considered as a donation for
benevolent and charitable purposes.
(D) Violation of this Section is considered to be
an "unclassified misdemeanor".
(Ord. 361, § 10, 1985; Ord. O-430, § 1(part), 1998)