< Нелепые законы штата Вирджиния|
Закон запрещает заниматься бизнесом и вести торговлю по воскресеньям. При
этом в тексте закона предусмотрен такой длинный список исключений из этого правила,
что фактически ничто не мешает заниматься бизнесом и вести торговлю по воскресеньям.
18.2-341. Working or transacting business on Sunday.
В воскресение в разных штатах запрещены и другие вещи ...
A. On the first day of the week, commonly known and designated as Sunday,
no person shall engage in work, labor or business or employ others to engage in
work, labor or business except in the following industries and businesses:
1. Transportation by whatever means and supporting facilities;
2. Public services and utilities, manufacturing, processing and plant operation of all types;
3. Publishing, including the distribution and sale of the products thereof;
4. Servicing, fueling and repair of motor vehicles, boats and aircraft, and the
selling of parts and supplies therefor;
5. Operation of motion picture theatres and the production of radio and
6. Medical services; and other services on an emergency basis;
7. Sports, athletic events and the operation of historic, entertainment and
recreational facilities, and the sale or rental of boats, and swimming,
fishing and boating equipment;
8. Agriculture, including the operation of nurseries and florist establishments;
9. Preparation and sale of prescription and nonprescription drugs and the sale
of medical and hygienic supplies and baby supplies;
10. Wholesale food warehouses and ship chandleries;
11. Restaurants and delicatessens;
12. Janitorial, custodial and like services;
13. Operation of hotels and motels and funeral homes and cemeteries;
14. Mining and supporting facilities;
15. Sale of food, ice and beverages;
16. Sale of tobacco and related products;
17. A drugstore, a majority of the sales receipts of which consist of
prescription and nonprescription drugs, health and beauty aids;
18. Sale of novelties, cameras, photographic supplies (including film and
flash bulbs), antiques, pictures, paintings, art supplies, souvenirs,
animals as pets, including tropical fish, and pet supplies;
19. Sale or leasing of noncommercial real property, mobile homes, and the
sale of residential modular, panelized or other prefabricated houses,
notwithstanding that such houses are not then erected or constructed on a site;
20. Providing of any service, product or other thing by means of a mechanical
device not requiring the labor of any person;
21. Sale of any item, provided such sale takes place on publicly owned
property or property designated by the governing body of any county, city
or town, on a case-by-case basis, as the site of a festival, trade show,
convention, festival market place or other type of public celebration or
gathering. The governing body of a county, city or town may extend such
a designation to nonpublicly owned property only when more than fifty percent
of the area in which sales are made is used for otherwise exempt activities; and
22. Providing of any service or product by means of a mechanical device
requiring only a telephone operator or answerer who may accept, but not process,
This section shall not be applicable to works of charity conducted solely for
charitable purposes by any person or organization not organized or engaged in
business for a profit.
B. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
C. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to permit any fine or penalty
against any employee or agent who has been caused, directed or authorized by
his employer to violate any provision of this section, in which case the
employer shall be subject to the sanctions prescribed by this section.
Code 1950, § 18.1-363.1; 1974, c. 330; 1975, cc. 14, 15, 498; 1976, c. 569; 1978, c. 639; 1979, c. 400; 1982, c. 286; 1984, c. 369; 1988, c. 666.